Woodforest National Bank - Worst bank ever beware and stay away

Had been off work due to injury on my job been receiving work men comp open the account there to save money from going to check cashing places well after about two months of cashing checks there I received a large check from a settlement from workers comp insurance company deposited the check thinking funds would be held for 48-72 hours which is normal for banks to do these people put my check on hold for 11 business days which is actually 15 days the insurance company called there branch and verified the check it was cleared through there bank they told workers comp that it was up to a branch manager to release funds on the check what bank gives a branch manager the authority to release my funds there customer service is the worst of any company that I have ever dealt with if you don't have to do not open an account with this company first you have to pay 15.00 for a bank card that should be free they have hidden monthly fees just plain ripoff period soon as my funds released I'm closing account

d5e9ba2 review #414865
5 Helpful? 11
Had the same issue2 Comments3 Report
Had an experience with Woodforest National Bank?  Submit review about this company
Anon

Oct 02

Did you not read the terms and conditions as well as the fee schedule before opening the account? They're not hidden if they're fully disclosed. Had you read all of these, you'd know that if you maintain over 100$ on a daily basis OR have 1 direct deposit a month, you will not be assessed these fees (Basic Checking). If you think things should be different, open your own bank.

Sep 26, 2013

My Mom had a similar problem. I wrote her a $5K check and WoodForest held it for 10 days, even though my bank cleared it the next day.

Woodforest National Bank

Jun 05, 2013

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. If you would please send me your contact information, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. If you prefer, please contact our Customer Care department at 1-888-224-0132. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.