128 views

Update by user Sep 14, 2020

No help on refunding money that was supposed to be protected from Woodforest bank. Case was denied with no real explanation.

Original review posted by user Sep 14, 2020

My card was stolen and over 6000.00 was taken. We made a 911 call and have a police report.

Case number.

We called and called tried everything on the website to cancel the card and it wouldn't allow us to turn the card off.

Meanwhile, I'm watching money disappear from my account while being put on hold on the supposed 24-hour customer service number.

I never got any person nor did I get a chance to report it leave a message because the number kept taking me to a recording stating that the hours were changed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

I finally made an email to Woodforest customer service at 6:48.

Subject: CARD STOLEN

Content: card was stolen. STOP ALL TRANSACTIONS NOW!

I got an email the next morning at 9:30 stating that I had to contact the fraudulent department and make a complaint.

By that time I had already had a police report, called all the retailers where the card was used and reported that the transaction were fraudulent.

I made a police report the day this happened and have a police report and case number.

I took all this information to Woodforest bank with me in the morning to cancel the card and report all the fraudulent charges with a bank employee.

A couple of weeks went by and no response, never received a letter or email.

I went to the bank to ask about the progress, and they told me the case was denied.

I then sat down and went over everything again. They reopened the case to investigate, and again a couple of weeks later, I went again!!! To see what was going on, and they denied the case again.

At this point I've list over $6000.00 and nothing is being done to recover the money.

This bank did not PROTECT MY ACCOUNT.

They also made me feel like I am the thief not the victim.

Can anyone please give me advice on what I can do, what steps to take to recover my finances.

Woodforest is the worst bank I've ever dealt with.

I would never advise anyone to do business with them .

Do not trust them with your money. They will not protect you or help you.

This is a clear example of poor business.

Especially when I have a police report, retailers that have identified the persons that made these transactions.

They have actual video and one of the employees took a picture of the receipts. Because they felt it was suspicious.

I don't know why this amount of money was allowed to be taken at such a fast amount of time, Woodforest bank did not stop it.

If anyone has any information on what to do or who I can contact to go over their head please respond.

Product or Service Mentioned: Woodforest National Bank Debit Card.

Woodforest National Bank Pros: Locations.

Woodforest National Bank Cons: Lacking in customer service skills, Worst in fraud protection, Staff and customer service.

Location: 4224 North Prospect Street, Decatur, IL 62526

Comments

#1926900

We hear your frustration. We'd like to get a few more details. Can you send an email to SocialMedia@woodforest.com with your contact information, so we can reach out?

Woodforest National Bank Reviews