2.6
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I deposit a check via self service on 7/9. The atm told me to be deposited in 2 hrs.

Around 630pm that day I received an email that the deposit was approved. The money was now in my account. I woke up the morning of 7/10 looked at the account to verify the amount before I head out to pay bills. The money was there.

After returning home from paying bills I pull up my account to reconcile and the deposit has disappeared. I call and was on the phone with supervisors for 2 hours. No one could find any proof of a deposit. After a long wait I was told that security said the name was not right on my check.

I said what name do you see I have the stub and it’s my name. Security then said they sorry and will verify the funds and redeposit by 5pm central time. Around 5 eastern time the check showed back up. However it was pending.

I call back and was informed it would be available by Wednesday morning. (7/11). I check my account this morning the check is no longer pending, But not available. I call the bank back and was told that I needed to go to a local branch and have them call verify the check because it was now a 7 day hold.(by now my accounts are in the negative) I go to the branch.

I’m informed that the bank can’t verify checks so she calls. She comes back to say the check was charged back twice and that’s why they took it out of my account. I step outside to call the issuer and he calls the bank that verifies the check would clear and that it was never sent to them. I go back in side to speak with management.

Management tells me it was on hold because of the name. I said why am I hearing different stories. Im in danger of writing bad checks because you all are messing up. He said he couldn’t override a hold.

I called customer service again to speak to supervisor and was told that only the branch manager could over ride a hold. This has messed me up really bad.

This was a large amount of money. I have cashed several checks larger and was verified at the branch and immediately made available.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 11.

Comments

My husband just setup direct deposit about 3 weeks ago with Woodforest. He gets paid on Friday , but thought since they basically advertise getting your direct deposit a day early, that would be the case.

But nope. They send an email with any activity on your account from the day before.

So the last 2 Fridays, the email shows the Direct Deposit was posted Thursday with the available balance, but the two times he’s went to use his debit card or withdraw money, he can’t! What is res going on?

Woodforest National Bank

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent experience. We'd like to take a closer look into what happened. Please send an email to SocialMedia@woodforest.com with your contact information.