Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I am an ex military wife, my ex husband was in the Marine Corps 1st then U.S Army retired after 24 yrs in, he was deployed to Iraq after 9/11 he stayed there for 5 years then came home for 2 weeks then retired in them 2 weeks and went back over as a contractor working with Special Forces.He has now been there 10 years.

All the time he has been there he has sent me money for me to take care of the household bills and to take care of the 3 kids, we divorced in 2004 and he still sent me money til yesterday 06/15/2015 and he would send by way of wiring from his bank account with USAA & Capital One, into my Woodforest account for the last 3 yrs since I moved to Louisiana, I had been with other banks before and NEVER had any problems, today I tried to use my debit card an couldn't so I went to the bank to find out what was wrong, they told me my account was closed for suspicious activity on my account and due to the extensive monitoring required for the activity on your account we regret to inform you your account will be closed.I called and spoke with the corporate office and they said they are not obliged to tell me what was suspicious activity was on my account, We have the same last name and the wires come in his name to my name and they can also see I pay all my bills with my debit card, so they are thinking I am a drug dealer or money laundering, so they closed my account, my 3 kids have accounts with them that now we are closing and I advise you to NEVER bank with them, My ex husband and best friend fights for this country and I can't even have him wire money to me from his bank account to pay bills and take care of the kids as long as I was with Wood Forest National Bank, because to them I am obviously a criminal and not a mother & ex military wife of 24 years!!!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Woodforest National Bank and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Woodforest National Bank to "contacted an attorney for defamation of character and slander, because you made me feel like a criminal and embarrassed me at the bank & to my work place like i did something wrong. & a lot more".

The most disappointing in user's experience was way they defaced my character. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Woodforest National Bank checking account for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Woodforest National Bank?

Comments

Oh stop whining!The bank has every legal right to close ANY account WHENEVER, and for ANY reason.

Read the Terms of Use; it's made very clear there and in other parts of the contract as well. If you had an account, this was something you agreed to and signed.

Obviously there's a lot more to the story, and you don't seem honest enough to tell it truthfully. Clearly the bank had some substantial evidence against you.

Banks have a fiduciary duty to protect other customers from scammers and criminals. Looking at that notice, it suggests the bank suspects money laundering, and even a potential terror threat.

Oh, and no one's buying your "my ex baby daddy was in the war twenty years ago, so we deserve special treatment" scam...

Face the facts!

You're a desperate welfare mom who's hustling multiple men, having them wire you money for cigarettes, diapers, and crack.

Dont accept the apology.Make them pay.

Sue their a ssses!Oh and never reply to email addresses people post on here.

Woodforest National Bank

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.We would like the opportunity to look further into your situation.

Please send us an email to SocialMedia@woodforest.com with your contact information and we will get in touch with you shortly to address the matter.

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #996166

Yeah you being a wife literally has nothing to do with your complaint. All you've proven is that you're a whiner.

aleksey
Coventry, Rhode Island, United States #996136

Based on the letter you provided the Debit card was deactivated on the 14th and the account closed on the 16th.This was due to what the banks risk department.

This department calculates how dangerous each account is to the bank. Since you said your ex-husband wired money directly into your account the most likely reason they closed it was for that. Wiring money is considered dangerous for the receiver bank you would have been better off with his bank issuing a check to you. The costs of verifying wire transfers are quite large and as a result your account was closed to protect the bank.

Any amount left in the account will be converted to a check and mailed to the address on the account which is usually your home.

I do not see anything out of the ordinary in the actions of the bank.In the future have a check made out to you from Bill Pay as that is more secure than wired funds.