100 views
3.0

I've been a Woodforest customer for over 20 years. Approx 2011 I opened my children minor savings accounts.

Separate from my other accounts. No fees, no requirements. I assumed the money would be there when they were old enough to transition to their own account. Now 8-9 years later I go to transition the oldest to her own account and find both accounts have been getting charged return mail fees FOR YEARS!

$10 a month, since appox 2015. (Almost $1000 dollars) Really strange part is we have had the same address for at least 20 years and I regularly get mail from Woodforest. Online banking just happened to be turned off on these accounts? None of my other accounts have a return mail fee.

My address, email and phone number have been, and are the same as they always have been. Lesson learned Woodforest bank will steal from your children with fictitious fees. Bottom line someone found a way to make extra profit for their branch. Three contacts and no resolution.

I'm betting the better business bureau and a small claims court judge can get an answer.

How often does this happen? Class action law suite?

Product or Service Mentioned: Woodforest National Bank Account.

Location: 8000 Research Forest Dr, Spring, TX 77382

Comments

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us about this. Please email us if you need any further assistance.

We hear your frustration. We'd like to get a few more details. Can you send an email to SocialMedia@woodforest.com with your contact information, so we can reach out?

Woodforest National Bank Reviews