2.0

I have been banking with this bank for about 5+ yrs.I am looking at other options for a bank!!!

I was charged 6 overdraft fees of 29.99 for items that so-called overdrafted the account, when in reality, only 1 of those transactions overdrafted the account. I use my debit card for all of my bill pays and store purchases. I had a positive balance on my account when I made some purchases and a couple bill payments. The money was deducted from my balance, those transactions were shown as pending transactions, but keep in mind that I had $ in my acct when I did these transactions.

So, I was short some $ until my payday, which was about a week away, so I withdrew $60 from an ATM which put me at -$56, which I was very aware of, I didn't mind paying back one overdraft fee for that. So, a few days later, I went online to look at my bank statement, I was -$220!!!! My mouth feel to the floor!! My statement reflected an OD fee after every transaction I had done days ago, you know, the transactions I did when I had money in my account, the pending transactions.

How could those transactions caused overdrafts, when in reality, I had the $ in my account and the money was deducted from my account when I made those transactions? Then I noticed something else that seemed a little on the crooked side.

My statement showed that after I withdrew that $60, that it only put me at -$2.79, how could that be remotely true when I called right after I withdrew that money and it said I was -$56?This bank is a rip-off and takes peoples money, charging me overdraft fees for items that didn't truly overdraft the account!!

This reviewer shared experience about "being charged fraudelant overdraft fees" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $220. The author is overall dissatisfied with Woodforest National Bank. He best about woodforest national bank checking account from Woodforest National Bank was hours of operation. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Woodforest National Bank.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Banks category for more informed decision or compare Woodforest National Bank to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Woodforest National Bank?

Comments

I had the same issue with peru illinois location. They shuffle things around to charge the customer the most possible amount.

all ATM and Desk Counter withdrawals post firs. Even if you take out what is available balance, this will post midnight the day you take out money at an atm...so everything else gets bumped...

Woodforest National Bank

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We would like the opportunity to look further into your situation. Please send us an email to CustomerAdvocacy@woodforest.com with your contact information and we will get in touch with you shortly to address the matter.