I noticed that our Quicken was notifying me that it could not make contact with our Woodforest Bank Account. I logged in and the account showed a balance of $0 and there was a fee that took all our money.

I inquired online and they said that we had an inactivity of 6 months and that they could do that based on their policy. We received no warning, not email, no notification what so ever that they were going to do this. They did not send me my money back, they just took it.

Didn't even say sorry. This is not right!

Review about: Woodforest National Bank Checking Account.

Comments

Sounds like your account became dorman. Here’s what google says about it: After an account has no activity for a specific period of time, state law considers it to be dormant.

Accounts that can become dormant include checking and savings accounts, brokerage accounts, 401(k) accounts, pension fund accounts and other accounts for financial resources. Financial institutions are required by state laws to make an attempt to contact owners of dormant accounts using the most recent contact information.

If an attempt to find the owner is unsuccessful, resources in dormant accounts become unclaimed property and must be transferred to the state's treasury department. Also, a reversion of a property or monies is transferred to the state if the owner dies intestate without any heirs.

How is it that Quicken couldn't get in touch with them and that's who they process mortgages with???

did you overdraft

to babynew #879167

No I did not.

Woodforest National Bank

We apologize for such a difficult experience. We would like to look further into your situation. If you’ll send an email with your contact information to SocialMedia@woodforest.com, we will get in touch with you.

to Woodforest National Bank #879168

You did nothing when I called!