2.3K views

I opened an account with Woodforest a couple of months ago and I am extremely pissed off! I have just had so many issues with them.

First of all I deposit my paycheck every Friday and they constantly put a hold on my payroll check. Therefore making any transaction that I do cause my account to be negative. When there is money deposited in the account. So on a weekly basis they charge me hundreds of dollars in over draft fees, which they will not reverse.

Over the last 3 months I have been charged over $3,000 in fees! That is ridiculous! Then moving on to my weekly suspension because of "fraud"! They will put a hold on my card because they of fraud!!!

They NEVER call me to verify if it was me making the transactions or not! I have told my branch manager Brent that I travel a lot for work. The first time they held my card for "fraud", I was Christmas shopping. I was at the checkout and told my card was declined.

It was embarrassing to say the least! I tried to call the 800 number for customer service but they were closed. But Woodforest did put a fraud alert on my account without verifying and stopped me from making purchases. They also charged me overdraft fees because of my pending transactions and made my account negative!

The next day I called customer service and asked why I was not contacted to see if I had tried to make the purchases before they put a hold on my account. I was told by a very rude customer service woman that it is not the banks policy to call before putting a fraud alert on your card. I was floored. She then told me that now because my account was negative from them doing this I was responsible for the overdraft fees.

They would NOT reverse them! The next week I had to take a rip to Texas and I drove there. I extended the courtesy to let the branch know I was traveling and it would be me using my card. On my trip home I made it to Missouri and tried to fill up my tank.

My card was declined! Yet again. And the customer service office is closed! NO ONE can help with issues at 10 pm at night!

So I was forced to spend the night in a Wal-Mart parking lot in my car. I had no gas and no cash! It was literally freezing raining that night as well. I had to wait in the cold in my freezing car overnight because of their suspension of my card.

So I am thoroughly angry with this bank already. And they always have excuses. Nothing even logical if you are intelligent! They never reverse any charges accumulated due to them and they always freeze my account.

Which brings me to my issue today! I deposited two checks into my account on Friday and left the bank. My account shows I have a very large balance and I leave to go visit my sister for Christmas. After traveling to southern Illinois I try to check into a hotel.

I was met with my card being declined. AGAIN!!!!! I look at my balance and I have more than enough money so I call customer service. I was then told that my payroll checks were put on hold by the branch manager Brent.

And that there was nothing she could do. She said that I should contact him. But the branch was closed so there was nothing that could be done. I was lucky I had cash on me this time because I knew Woodforest would do something.

So I was able to at least drive back home. If I hadn't brought cash I would have had to spend the night in my car again! When I get home I make the call at 10 am to speak with Brent the branch manager and I can not. I am told by Sonya a teller that Brent the manager NEVER works Sundays!

Sonya then says she will try to help me. I tell her that for some reason yet again my payroll checks are on hold. She said she has no clue why. But she would look into it and get back to me.

About an hour and a half later Sonya calls me back. She says that my check is on hold until January 7 2014. Due to three reasons, first, it is a large amount and that is the policy. Which I was never told!

If I had been told it was going to be on hold I would have taken to the bank of my employer and cashed it there! And Sonya argued with me stating she knew that I must have been told. I stated had I been told I would not have deposited my checks! Secondly, my account is on hold due to "fraud" associated with it in the past!

For one there was never any fraud. It was me trying to Christmas shop!!!! And the third (excuse) reason is it was put on hold because of the numerous overdrafts! My account is over drafted because of them!

This bank is a scamming company!!!! I am told today that there is nothing that can be done. Sonya has exhausted all of her options to try to help me and the hold is not branch level like the corporate customer service woman told me, it is "back office" which is corporate customer service! That I need to contact them again to have this taken care of!

I tried and it is Sunday so no one is available to help me! I asked her for the managers' number and was told she did not have it. I then asked Sonya for the District Managers' number and she did not have that either. I then asked her if she didn't have those numbers then how could she have exhausted her options to help me by calling them.

I was then told nothing can be done until tomorrow. She was very rude and I asked her what I was supposed to do she then said call the 800 number! Which is closed! She acted like I was at fault.

I am in no way at fault. In the last 3 months I have deposited over $20,000 in my account. They have stolen over $3,000. And today they are over drafting my account when there is plenty of money.

It is just on hold! This is a very unethical bank. The practices that they have in place should be illegal. I have filed a complaint with the FDIC and I am also contemplating getting a lawyer for the money that has been wrongfully taken out of my account and the headaches and hassles.

Woodforest should have someone available to help their customers 24/7 day and night like they claim on their website! I cant even speak to any manager to try to resolve this! And since when does it take almost two weeks to verify a check! It does NOT!!!!

That is just their way of over drafting my account to get more money from me! They need to resolve this issue and reimburse ALL of the over draft fees or I will be filing a law suit.

Comments

Isn't it true that all banks will hold paper check deposits over $5000 so they can get paid on the interest for it sitting in your account on hold? This happened to me at Chase...

????

I understand the stress with this bank that this man has gone threw. I have been with Woodforest for under a year and am finally closing my account today.

They constantly have my accounts in the negative and are rude and treat you as if it is your fault.

I work hard for the *** pay check i make and constantly have problems with the taking money anyway they can. They are crooks and ill be very happy when im done with this bank.

Jacksonville, Florida, United States #1242274

I am not sure why I am even posting this because this thread is over two years old BUT the original poster seems like he is making quite a bit of this up.

Why in the *** would ANYONE pay $3k in overdraft fees?

Why wouldn't someone with the amount of income that you claim get a credit card?

I have an account with woodforest. IT is awful. I don't use it much and there is slightly over $2k in that account. I recently moved and didn't bother updating them.

They charged me a 'bad address fee' that I didn't notice for a few months with the hassles of the move. When I discovered it I asked if they could remove it or simply close my account. They were happy to refund the excess charges ($30 per month). If they had not removed them I would have closed the account plain and simple, what they would NOT have done is kept my money AND my business.

Vote with your wallet. Close the account and go someplace else.

If you actually have deposited enough to cause you to have overdraft fees in the amounts that you state, you must have some crazy expenses that would cause you NOT to have any excess in your account to cover your expenses until the hold clears. Something about this story doesn't make any sense...especially the part about not having a credit card for your gas purchases in case of an emergency.

You are a poor consumer and as a result you are treated poorly...educate yourself and move your money to a bank that has the services that you need (overdraft protection for starters).

WOODFOREST is a second tier bank (it is located in walmart so that is your first clue). You should consider a credit union!

to Anonymous #1528802

How can you claim to have had problems with Woodforest, yet doubt someone else's issues? How dare you imply someone is lying when you don't know the first thing about them.

Our situation was similar to the problems posted, and after over a year, we received $4000 back from Woodforest. They would not have given up that kind of cash unless they were seriously at fault. Truth be told, they owed us more. My husband travels for work and they have left him stranded at a gas station with thousands of dollars supposedly available more times than I care to count.

I found this website today as I wait for them to call me back regarding my debit card being declined again.

They definitely suck, but their extended banking hours and many branches in our area make us gluttons for punishment, I guess. But don’t be stupid and assume someone is lying because you don't have all the facts.

Huntington, Indiana, United States #1242264

To the *** who posted this:

Woodforest National Bank Jan 16, 2014 #774411

At Woodforest, we take every concern seriously and make every effort to resolve issues promptly. If you would please send your contact information to CustomerAdvocacy@woodforest.com, we would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you.

If you prefer, please contact our Customer Care department at 1-888-224-0132. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

If you are TRULY woodforest bank, and NOT the *** scammer I took you to be last week while I was in Italy, then you are a complete ***. Do you seriously think ANYONE with a brain is going to give you their ENTIRE card number of the internet or the phone, ***? Seriously?

If you ARE a bank representative, you should have your sorry *** hauled into court for all the fraud that YOU people must be doing yourselves.

Seriously, the address header for your chat window ACTUALLY SAYS SOCIALMINER at the very begining of the address. What a douche.

Huntington, Indiana, United States #1242262

Just curious.....WHY, over the course of several months, would you continue to even bother with them OR allow them to continue to charge you thousands of dollars? I've had NOTHING but problems from woodforest, overall, but nothing on that scale and certainly nothing that has cost me any money.

What kind of payroll checks are you depositing that the amount causes them to place a hold on the check? That's ridiculous. I routinely (weekly) deposit payroll checks in excess of $3500.00 and I've never had that problem even once.

My problems have mostly been recent in that I got fraud-banged by some scammer somewhere and it killed my debit card. So they issued me their supposedly new and improved chip card which is a total piece of *** and has been banged-out 5 times in the past 6 months.

None of that has cost me any money, but it has certainly caused me much hassle.

So much so that for my recent vacation to Italy, I opened an entirely new checking account so I'd have a card to use and a back up card for when they shut one of them off, which they of course did, as well as my other one AND my wife's card as well, DESPITE being specifically told that those cards were ONLY being issued for use in ITALY. They truly are idiots and massively incompetent.

Carrollton, Texas, United States #782745

File a law suit if you can afford a lawyer. I get so irritated about people complaining about all there overdraft fees.

If you did not overdraft your account then you would not have fees. Also, Woodforest bank always gives you a written notification if they have put your check on hold. They literally place it in your hand! So, if you know that your check is on hold then don't write bad checks.

And if they always put it on hold then technically you're getting paid the same day of the week every week because it's the same amount of days in the hold so you're still getting paid every :cry 7 days. Just don't bounce checks.

That is your fault not the banks. :cry

to Sam Jones #824517

You are obviously a ***, Woodforest is the biggest scam since the pyramid scam. They have paid out over 50 million in class action law suits due to fraudulent over Draft fee's.

I closed my account and went to Bank Of America where life is good.

Woodforest CEO I hope you burn in *** and take all your branch Managers with you, I'll make sure I will cash my settlement check at one one your branches when I receive it. Ya'll are a bunch of degenerate ***.

Tuskegee, Alabama, United States #782742

Maybe if you didn't have SCC acct, they wouldn't do that. I've had my acct for years and I've never had a fee, except once.

Guess what! They refunded it. Wfnb is the best bank EV!

- Get yo story straight. :upset