I had overdraft protection on my account for $500.I have always paid it back by the next week via my direct deposit.

The cancelled it with no notice and I found out when an item was returned. Furthermore, I had an outstanding important check that needed to be paid which they will not honor. I counted on the overdraft protection which they removed without notice to me or my consent. I spoke with two branch managers who will do nothing about it.

Also, they have deducted a non sufficient funds fee from my account when I have a positive balance and no item coming in.

This bank does not care about its customers.I am closing my account.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of overdraft protection. Woodforest National Bank needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned overdraft protection in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Woodforest National Bank.

Had an Experience with Woodforest National Bank?

Comments

"Privilege Pay" is just that, a privilege.You have obviously wore out your privilege.

It's not your money.If they took it away, it's theirs to take.

Woodforest National Bank
Spring, Texas, United States #943323

We apologize for such a difficult experience. We would like to look further into your situation. If you’ll send an email with your contact information to CustomerAdvocacy@woodforest.com, we will get in touch with you.

Berwyn, Illinois, United States #941649

If you read your contract regarding the use of Overdraft Protection, you'll find that its use is rather limited and is quite regulated.That means, you cannot use your OD protection as a normal means of managing your account balance.

It's there as a safety net only, to be used in emergency situations only (i.e., every now and then, maybe once every 6 months). Further, the way money is processed in your account is also governed by a specific set of rules that may not seem to make the most sense to you, but are actually quite logical with regard to principles of accounting. I actually closed the other bank accounts I had and switched to Woodforest Bank - they are by far the best I've found.

You probably don't believe me, but soon when you change banks you'll find out for yourself.My advice would be to get yourself together financially, and not use your bank account until you're stable.

madcustomer-2015
to Castalia Chicago, Illinois, United States #941703

I never had an overdraft contract.I was never given one.

Regardless of any financial situation they should give notice before making any changes to any account at the very least as a courtesy to its customers.Sounds like you work for Woodforest.